The information here is designed to guide you through the faculty appointment process, whether you’re appointing a new faculty member, or changing an existing faculty member’s appointment.
For the purposes of this website, “Faculty” includes both members and non-members of the Faculty Association, Librarians and Program Directors in Extended Learning.
To ensure that the appointment process goes smoothly, it’s important that the necessary forms are complete, and the information included is accurate.
Once the recruiting process for your new faculty member is complete, it’s time to process the appointment.
All new appointments and reappointments are processed on a Faculty Appointment Form, except for Sessional Lecturer appointments and reappointments which are processed using the Integrated Sessional Information System (ISIS).
Please review the documentation checklist to ensure that you are supplying all necessary paperwork to complete the appointment process.
We’ve also provided the following links to additional information that you will need to complete the forms properly.
- Benefits Cost Calculator
- Calculating Years in Rank
- Early Employee ID Assignment
- Guide to Tenure and Promotion at UBC
- this includes new appointments at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor or with tenure or grant tenure
- Minimum Salary Scales
- Principal Subject Taught Codes
- Social Insurance Numbers
Over the course of a faculty member’s career at UBC, their appointment will change from time to time. Here is some information on how the appointments may change, and the process to enact these changes.
Leaves of Absence
Workload or Appointment Changes
- Additional/Concurrent Appointments
- เว็บพนันบอล ดีที่สุดAdministrative Appointments
- Joint Appointments
- Post-Retirement Appointments
- Reduced Appointments
- Rehiring Retirees
- Retirement Options
- Tenure, Promotion & Reappointment