Orientation to your new position and to the University will help you get off to the best start possible. We have a number of orientation resources available to those who are new to the campus. Take a moment to view and select those orientation opportunities that are most convenient for you.
As a new UBC community member, we encourage you to visit the following websites prior to or within your first few days of employment:
- For a quick look at general information about your appointment and services both on and off campus, please refer to our Before You Arrive page.
- Enrol for your benefits, payroll, and pension package online. You will need an enrolment code (usually found in your offer letter but can also be found online) which will automatically select the forms and enrolment checklist required for you to complete in a secure, confidential, online environment. Completion of the forms includes printing, signing, and submitting the forms to Payroll in Financial Operations.
- Explore our online Orientations site. The online Orientation will help you as you settle into your new position, find people and places, and familiarize yourself with all that UBC has to offer its employees.
- Visit the Housing & Relocation Services Office?for information about relocating to UBC Vancouver or UBC Okanagan.
In Person Orientations
Please visit the HR Orientations page for a full list of Orientations activities on campus, including:
1. The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology offers a variety of programs, resources and services to support teaching and learning at UBC.
2. The VP Research Office offers extensive information and a research orientation. It also offers many other resources through UBC’s Research Support Network such as grant writing workshops and roundtable discussions with the VP Research. Information from Faculty Relations is included in the orientation:
3. Tenure and Promotion workshops for faculty members at UBC Vancouver are held annually. Please refer to the Tenure and Promotion page for more information on the process and for workshop announcements.
4. Risk Management Services offers regularly scheduled training programs and free health promotion seminars. Check it out!