Funding is available to support the ongoing professional development of staff in the CUPE 2950 employment group.
The intent of the funding is to encourage and support employees to access learning activities that will enhance current job performance as well as to support skill development that will open up opportunities for transfer and promotion throughout the University.
Claim Submission Update:
Current Funding Year: 2018-2019 (April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019)
Status of PD Fund: Open for the current funding year.
Your claim must be submitted to Human Resources within 60 days of the original PD expense date of payment to be considered eligible for funding.
Maximum Yearly Claim Amount: The maximum claim amount for eligible staff is $1,400. This maximum amount is pro rated if you work less than 50% part-time hours.
Previous Funding Year: April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018. This funding year is closed and all individual balances have expired. Eligible claims received in Human Resources as of April 1, 2018 will be allocated to the 2018/19 funding year.
If you have recently made a submission to the fund, you can monitor the status of your claim through the Faculty & Staff Self-Service portal. Claim details are provided via the “Staff PD” tab .
How to Apply for Reimbursement
- Confirm your CUPE 2950 PD Fund enrollment status and available balance in Faculty & Staff Self Service (Click the “staff PD ” tab to view your funding details);
- Review the CUPE 2950 PD Guidelines (also known as the Job Skills Training Program or JSTP);
- Confirm your manager’s support for your PD activity request prior to payment/purchase;
- Pay upfront for your learning activity or arrange to have your department pay upfront on your behalf;
- Complete the PD Fund Expense Claim Form (PDF);
- Mail or drop off? your completed claim form and supporting documentation within 60 days of your original PD activity purchase date to:
Human Resources – Staff PD Funds
600 – 6190 Agronomy Road (Tef 3)
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Expense claims are not accepted by email.
How To Pay for a Human Resources Professional Development Workshop Fee (formally known as MOST workshops).
Eligible Professional Development Activities
This professional development fund can be used towards learning activities that enhance your current role-related knowledge, skills and performance and/or contribute to your ongoing career development and advancement opportunities at UBC. The fund may not be used for any other purpose.
Please note that the PD Funds do not cover your current job-required training or any ongoing job-required professional memberships that must be maintained for your current role. These operational expenses should be paid by your department.
Eligible professional development activities may include:
- professional development workshops offered by UBC Human Resources (special application procedures apply see above);
- registration and associated print/digital learning materials for individual courses, seminars, workshops, exams available locally or online;
- course tuition and textbooks for professional programs, certifications, diplomas and degrees offered at academic institutions or professional organizations. Academic student fees are not eligible expenses;
- books, journals and subscriptions (print or digital) for self-directed study;
- one-on-one job/career coaching fees when provided by an ICF- credentialed coach;
- professional association, membership or licensing dues when of benefit to UBC but not required as a condition of employment for your current position;
- conference registration fees;
- out-of-town travel expenses associated with conferences and other unique learning opportunities not available locally as per UBC Travel Policy #83 and Policy #83 Admin Directive.
Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Activities pursued for health and wellness, general interest or recreational purposes.
- Local transportation, parking or meals within Metro Vancouver;
- Ancillary academic student fees associated with credit courses or programs;
- Course required or self-directed learning related equipment or supplies (however textbooks, print/digital learning materials are eligible expenses)
- Software applications or licensing (however training costs to learn how to use the software is an eligible expense);
- Electronic devices including computers, mobile phones, e-readers, tablets
- Phone, data or internet plans for any home or mobile device;
For UBC courses or programs also eligible under the tuition waiver benefit, we request that you maximize your waiver benefit prior to claiming top-up support from this PD Fund.
If you are not sure whether a proposed PD expense is eligible for funding, please contact Human Resources at pd.funds@ เว็บพนันบอล ดีที่สุด www.rockyandballs.com before making a financial commitment and submitting a claim.
Before using the funding for software, technology or workplace business skills training, please consider using your free access to lynda.com through the UBC staff and faculty group licence. See lynda. เว็บพนันบอล ดีที่สุด www.rockyandballs.com for details
Employees with CUPE 2950 employment group affiliation are eligible to apply for up to $1,400* in professional development funding for the current 2018-2019 funding year April 1, 2018 through? March 31, 2019.
*The annual funding limit is pro-rated for staff working less than .50 FTE.
PD expense claims are approved on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the availability of the overall funding pool each year.
When to Apply
You may submit a PD expense claim as soon as you have made your upfront purchase and have your receipts and any additional back up documentation noted on the claim form on hand.
Receipts must be submitted to Human Resources within 60 days of the original PD expense purchase date (as shown on receipt).
Review & Reimbursement Process
One of our Workplace Learning Associates in Human Resources will review your completed PD Expense claim to ensure:
- it is within your available individual funding limit,
- it is consistent with the PD Fund guidelines, and
- includes all required signatures, receipts and back-up documentation.
Claims submitted that do not meet the above criteria will be declined funding support by Human Resources.
You will receive a confirmation email once your claim has been reviewed and processed. Please note that the reimbursement process may take up to 15 business days during busy periods. If you submit an incomplete application to the PD Fund the reimbursement process will be delayed.
If you paid the upfront costs out of pocket, you will be reimbursed by direct bank deposit. If the upfront costs were paid by your department on your behalf, the PD fund coordinator will arrange reimbursement to your department by Journal Voucher transfer. If you applied for PD Funding to pay for a professional development workshop offered through Human Resources, the PD fund coordinator will arrange payment on your behalf using your available PD Funds.
Employees on Recall
Priority funding will be provided to displaced employees or those with impending layoffs. Special application procedures apply. Please contact Susanna Mulligan, PD Funds Manager at susanna.mulligan@ เว็บพนันบอล ดีที่สุด www.rockyandballs.com or 604.822.9273 for details.
Contact Cathy Faulconer, Workplace Learning Associate??pd.funds@ เว็บพนันบอล ดีที่สุด www.rockyandballs.com , 604.822.6314.